5 Destress Techniques
Ever feel like your brain is on overdrive? Too many tabs open? and on the verge of tears and a meltdown?
Don't worry we have all been there!
There is so much pressure to perform and exceed expectations in today's society; however, when our internal stress levels rise above average, we do sadly become less productive and the quality of our work can decrease rapidly.
5 Simple Ways to Decrease Stress:
- Walk away from the situation; step outside in the fresh air and go for a short 15 min walk, to clear your mind.
- Write down the tasks that you need to compete in order of priority, being able to visualise the tasks you need to compete is really important
- Turn off social media and phone notifications that are not important - Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Personal Emails. These things can wait, and often they can distract us from the present moment
- Drink 2.5 - 3 Liters of water, often when stressed we forget to drink, making it difficult for us to think clearly.
- Turn off the tabs on your internet browser and stop multi-tasking, just focus on completing one task at a time
Photo Credit: @harleyqinnandco