Sleep Tips & Tricks
Help! I have woken up & can't get back to sleep...
This happens to us all - especially when we might feel slightly overwhelmed in life, stressed at work or jus simply overtired!
But don't worry with a few simple steps we can ensure that you are back in a relaxed state of mind. My number one tip is don't lie there and start counting sheep - I recommending getting up and doing something.
A few things that I often might do if I wake up and can't get back to sleep include:
- Writing down anything that might be causing you to feel stressed
- Talk to someone, about what might be causing you to feel stressed
- Listen to calming meditation music - headspace and smiling mind are great!
- Put your legs against the wall & focusing on deep belly breathing
- Warm up a heat pack and put in on your feet in bed
- Have a herbal cup of tea
Note - Prevent turning on many lights and additionally do not check any electronic devices as the light from the screens will only stimulate your mind even more.
Photo Credit - @pinterest